If you are not constantly trying new recipes in your electric smoker then, believe me, you are not pushing the smoker to its limits! Electric smokers have now become so simple and efficient that you can try any recipe you like, whether it involves the widely used chicken, fish, or pork!
Below I will list down some of the all-time popular recipes which would include the all famous smoked brisket recipe, best beef brisket recipe in electric smokers, and some beginner smoker recipes as well, so if you’ve never cooked a proper recipe in the best electric smoker before, you can start off with a simple and easy beginner smoker recipe.
This recipe is an electric smoker brisket recipe. If you’re wondering about where does brisket comes from, then let me give you a little insight. Brisket is a cut of the meat from the breast or lower chest area. The real part comes in knowing how to smoke a brisket in an electric smoker. You would have to be patient with brisket as it is best when cooked slowly and steadily.
You can cook a brisket in a wood pellet grill, in the best gas grills, or use charcoal grills for grilling brisket but in this article, I have decided to go with electric smokers, whether you have a small electric smoker or a bigger one like the masterbuilt electric smoker. Many people ask me about where to buy a brisket; they can easily find one in big departmental stores.
You basically have two differences of opinions when it comes to briskets. You can just marinate it overnight or if you like, you can directly apply a dry rub a few minutes before smoking it. Coming to the second difference, some argue that you should allow the brisket to rest on a cutting board before slicing it.
While others say we should wrap it in a foil and a towel, and then store it in a cool place which would allow the juices to be absorbed back after a few hours. The choice is yours; you could go with either of the options you feel comfortable with this electric smoker brisket recipe.
- ½ cup smoked paprika
- Raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 TSPS cayenne pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 12 pound uncured brisket
- 4 TBS ground cumin
- 6 TBS chili powder
- 2 TBS garlic or onion powder
- 6 TBS kosher salt
- 4 TBS cracked black pepper salt
- 2 TBS dried Oregano
- 2 TBS ground coriander
- Mesquite or hickory wood chips
It would take almost 11-12 hours in total.
It would serve 12 people.
How to Cook Dry Rubbed Smoked Brisket?
- I am now going to explain the best way to cook a brisket. Pat dry the brisket with paper towels after removing it from the package. Trim the fat cap down to approximately ¼ inches of thickness leaving enough on for flavor and moisture. Take a large sheet pan and place the brisket on it.
- Mix all the dry seasonings in a bowl. Coat all sides of the beef with dry brisket rub, evenly patting it. Cover the meat with plastic wrap (fat side up) and place it in the fridge for up to as much as 4 hours. You can make other small dishes in this free time.
- Preheat the oven to 225 F. Take out the brisket from the fridge and allow it to come par with room temperature.
- Fill the water bowl or pan 1/2 way with the apple cider vinegar. Add the wood chips to the side tray.
- Place the brisket on the middle rack with the fat side facing up. Insert the thermometer which usually comes with all-electric smokers, into the thicker end of the meat. Close the door and set the timer for 10 hours.
- Check the water bowl a few times and refill with Apple cider vinegar as necessary. Check for a smoke every hour and refill the wood chip tray whenever required. You can easily get the best wood for smoking brisket at your local barbecue supplies store.
- Check the internal temperature of the meat after 8-9 hours. Briskets’ internal temperature should ideally range from 190˚F to 200˚F.
- Remove the meat and place it on a cutting board. Cover it and the board with aluminum foil. Let the meat rest, covered for a minimum of 15 minutes and up to 2 hours before slicing and serving it!
Whole Smoked Turkey With Herbs
Whether it is Christmas or it is Thanksgiving, you need not to worry as we’ve got the menu covered for your special day! This smoked turkey recipe is the most delicious one out there, leaving no room for disappointment and uncertainty.
To make your first attempt successful and memorable, let me give you a little piece of your advice which can save you from a huge disaster. Whenever purchasing a turkey, be sure to measure the height of the smoker from the grill surface to the underside of the dome lid, as you might end up getting a turkey too tall, which would not let the lid close tightly.
If you want to know what I prefer, I usually stay in between 12-14 pounds. You can fit two small birds in the lower and upper shelves if you have a tall smoker.
Tips To Prepare a Turkey Before Smoking
- If you have purchased a frozen turkey, be sure to let it thaw completely. Without removing the wrapping, place it in the fridge in a big bowl. It will take around 2-3 days for it to thaw.
- If you’re concerned about whether you should bring it or not, let me tell you it does not make much of a business and honestly, it is not worth the effort.
- Always rinse the bird under cool running water, however clean it may seem. Pat dry the turkey with paper towels after cleaning it.
2 TBS dried thyme 2 tsps paprika 1 TBS powdered sage 2 tsps dried oregano 12 to 14 pound turkey, prepared like said above 1 tsp dried rosemary Zest of 1/2 an orange 1 tsp onion or garlic powder (optional) Apple or pecan wood chips 2 tsps sea salt 1/2 cup apple cider 2 tsps cracked black pepper 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup water
It would take around 6 and a half hour for it to be fully cooked
The turkey would serve 16 people
How to Cook Whole Smoked Turkey With Herbs?
- Preheat the oven to 225 F
- Take a small bowl and thoroughly mix the spices and the dry herbs. Do not forget to rub the inside of the turkey with around 1/3 of dry seasonings.
- Coming to the outside of the bird, add the extra virgin olive oil and orange zest to the remaining seasonings and thoroughly rub the exterior with them.
- You need to place a drip pan on the upper shelf to collect the drippings, while on the bottom of the smoker, fill the water pan halfway with apple cider and water. Do not forget to fill the side drawer with wooden chips.
- Carefully place the turkey in the center of the rack of the smoker you have and shut the door. Your Turkey would take around 6 and a half hours, so set the timer according to that.
- Do not hesitate to add wood chips whenever needed and be vary if the smoke is coming out or not. Keep a check on the internal temperature of the turkey after some 3-4 hours, you can either use the thermometer which came with your smoker or buy an aftermarket one.
- Carefully transfer the turkey to a cutting board. After some 30 minutes to 3 hours, it would be cool enough for you to start carving it the way you want.
Smoked Duck Breast
If you are looking for a recipe that is exceptionally tasty but easy to cook at the same time than look no further. The sauce would literally make your mouth water. Just give it a try and be sure to let us know how much you liked it!
Kosher salt 2 Tbsp.
Cherry salsa for serving
Boneless duck breast 4 x 8 ounces each
Sesame Chinese 5-spice powder
1 Tbsp. Oil 2 Tbsp
Black pepper 1 Tbsp
How to Cook Smoked Duck Breast?
- If there are any tendons, be sure to trim them off using a sharp knife. Score the skin of all breast pieces about 1/3 or ¼ inches inside. Be careful that you don’t accidentally cut the flesh during this process.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and any 5 spices you look into a bowl and thoroughly mix these.
- After you have completely mixed the above ingredients, be sure to rub a decent amount on both sides of the breasts.
- Sprinkle a decent of sesame oil on the breasts while flipping them around to coat them evenly.
- Preheat the smoker to 150 F.
- Place the breasts inside the smoker with the skin side up. After smoking them for about 1 hour you would notice a temperature change. Check the internal temperature with a thermometer; it should be around 100 F.
- Coming to grilling, preheat the grill to 450 F. Do not forget to brush and oil the grill as well.
- With the skin side facing down, keep the breasts on the grill until they turn a nice shade of brown.
- Place the breasts on a cutting board for a few minutes. Then cut them and serve them with the all-time famous Cherry Salsa Sauce.
Smoked Spicy Meatloaf
Garlic salt – 2 tsp.
Beef – 3 pounds, grounded
Seasoned salt – 2 Tbsp.
Eggs – 3 pieces
Tomatoes – 1 can (10 ounces), diced
Panko bread crumbs – ½ cup
White onion – 1 piece, chopped
Black pepper – 2 Tbsp., grounded
Smoked paprika – 2 tsp.
Pink salt – 2 tsp.
Liquid smoke flavoring – 2 tsp.
White sugar – ¼ cup
Ketchup – ½ cup
Tomato chili sauce – ¼ cup
Hot pepper sauce – 2 tsp.
Worcestershire sauce – 2 tsp.
Hot banana peppers – 2, diced
Salt – 1 tsp.
Red chili pepper – 1 tsp.
Red pepper flakes – 1 tsp
How to Cook Smoked Spicy Meatloaf?
- Preheat the smoker to 225 F
- Use the cooking spray to grease the frying pan
- Take a big bowl and add the following ingredients to it. Garlic salt, liquid smoke flavoring, paprika, seasoned salt, hot banana pepper, beef, eggs, diced tomatoes, pink salt, onion, panko bread crumbs, and 2 tsp black pepper.
- Thoroughly mix all these ingredients with a mixer or a fork, however, you may like it.
- In a prepared loaf pan, add the mixture into it.
- At the temperature of 225 F, smoke the meatloaf.
- Fill the drip tray with wood chips.
- Add the following ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and mix well. Salt and red pepper flakes, red chili pepper, sugar, ketchup, 1 tbsp pepper, and chili and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread this yummy sauce over the beef and smoke it again for half an hour or until the temperature reaches 160 F
Smoked Chicken Tenders
Soy sauce ½ cup
Cajun seasoning ¼ Tsp.
Water ¼ cup
Ginger root ¾ Tsp., fresh grated peeled.
Chicken Tender 4 lbs., rinsed and patted dry
Salt to taste
Sesame seeds 1 ½ Tbsp.
Garlic 2 Tsp., minced
Vegetable oil ½ cup
How to Cook Smoked Chicken Tenders?
- Add the following ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Vegetable oil, water, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, Cajun seasoning, ginger, and salt. Stir and mix these ingredients well.
- Take a plastic container, put the tenders and the mixture in it, close it, and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the smoker at 225 F
- Place the tenders on the smoker and let them cook for about an hour. Throw the marinade away.
- Once thoroughly cooked, sprinkle them with a seasoning of your choice and serve them.
These recipes above are the most widely used and loved ones out there. It does not matter which electric smoker you have, a masterbuilt electric smoker, smoke hollow electric smoker, a gas grill, or any other smoker, I guarantee you these recipes will give you the most out of your smoker. Not just for electric smokers, these are also pellet grill recipes, pellet smoker recipes, masterbuilt electric smoker recipes, and pit boss smoker recipes, making them compatible with charcoal grills as well as various kinds of smokers.
Best Electric Smoker Recipes
Below I will list down some of the all-time popular recipes which would include the all famous smoked brisket recipe, best beef brisket recipe in electric smokers.
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Best Electric Smoker Recipes
Recipe Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 30M
Total Time: 50M
- 1 turkey 10-12 pounds
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 bunch fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 2 lemons halved
Recipe Instructions: Preheat the oven to 225 F Take a small bowl and thoroughly mix the spices and the dry herbs Carefully transfer the turkey to a cutting board. After some 30 minutes to 3 hours, it would be cool enough for you to start carving it the way you want.