Preparing a Bavette Steak
The Bavette steak is one of the juiciest and delicious dishes you can eat, taking full advantage of your best grill and smoker. If you have carefully observed this cut, the muscle fibers and grain is loose.
This property of the best Bavette steak is what makes this cut so delicious. Marinades and rubs seep and settle deep inside this cut, giving a flavor no other dish can provide.
Once you have bought this steak, make sure to remove excessive fat. Not that this stake has a large amount of fat, however, remove any if it is there.
Tip: Whenever searching for a good cut, always buy the cut with marbling that is solid throughout the meat.
Bavette Steak Fajita Recipe
- Bavette Steak 1 Pound
- 1 Sliced Avacado
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced lime
- ½ yellow onion, sliced with the grain
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- /2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
Take a small bowl and mix all the seasonings ingredients in it. Coat the best Bavette steak with the mixture you just created, ensuring evenness and thoroughness. However, if you have your own seasoning, you can substitute this with your seasoning.
- Let the Bavette steak rest at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Sear both sides of this steak over intense heat on your grill. Make sure to add olive oil and let it get hot for a minute or two before searing. Sear until a brown crust starts to appear.
- After it has been seared, turn down the heat to medium and cook until desired. It would be cooked in 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Take onions and place them over the grill. If needed, add more olive oil. Turn off the heat when the onions get brown and soft.
- Slice the steak once it has cooled. Slice it into thin pieces.
- Add onion and Avacado slices, squeeze lime juice onto the steak. Add any other topping you want.
- Serve the steak on flour tortillas.